The BSMEE is always pleased to receive applications for membership of the Society from any person(s) who are interested in what we do and can help us to support and develop our activities.
How to Apply
The process of application is fairly straightforward. Prospective members must first obtain an application form, complete it and send to the Membership Secretary along with the payment required.
There are several ways to obtain an application form:
a. Attend one of the Wednesday evening meetings and introduce yourself to someone present at the meeting. A welcome will be extended to you, a form made available and help given in completing the form.
b. Ask for one from the Ticket Office at the Miniature Railway site during the summer season when there is an open day.
c. Contact us by email via the membership secretary. Please give your full address and telephone number. The Membership Secretary will get back to you as soon as possible. However holidays and other commitments may mean a delay of a week or so, please be patient.
If you do not currently receive club emails please contact the club membership secretary and advise him that you wish to do so as we now need your permission to contact you in this way under GDPR laws.
Membership categories are as follows:
1. Ordinary Members over 18 years.
2. Junior Members* are below the age of 14 years.
3. Associate Members* are between 14 years and 18years of age.
4. Family Membership for two adults with children living at the same address.
* We consider it essential that we take steps to ensure the safety of children and other vulnerable people. Therefore it is necessary to place some restrictions on the joining of prospective Junior and Associate members. The restrictions that apply can be obtained by discussion with the Membership Secretary.
In addition there a two categories of membership which are sometimes awarded to established members or supporters in recognition of their contribution to the Society:
1. Honorary Members
2. Honorary Life Members
For details of members benefits click here
Membership subscriptions become due at the time of the AGM, usually in early Feb. The subscriptions are currently:
Junior members under 14 – £3
Associates age 14 to 17 inclusive or in full time education to age 25 – £7.50
Parent/Guardian/Carer of under 18 member – £17.50
Ordinary Members age 18plus – £35
Family of two adults plus children under 18 residing at the same address – £50
All cheques are to be made payable to BSMEE